Sunday, July 7, 2013

Change of Pace: 2011 Panini Americana Retail

In my recent order from dacardworld, I grabbed a lot of 24 2011 Panini Americana Retail packs- for 11.65. I've always been intrigued by this product, and this deal was something I couldn't pass up on.

 For those who may be interested, they also have a 24 pack lot from 2009 Donruss set for half that price.

...I swear I'm not not endorsed by dacardworld, I just love their deals. 

Here's the pack, with James Dean looking a lot like Channing Tatum. Anyone?



I think this is a really cool set. The checklist is pretty awesome, brings about some nostalgia for the older generation, I'm sure.

I was lucky enough to pull a couple short prints:


Speaking of the older generation, I am not part of it, so I had no idea who those two people are. Anson Williams, according the back of the card, starred as Potsie Weber of Happy Days for years and later became a successful director. Charlene Tilton is famous for playing Lucy Ewing on Dallas for a decade in the 80's. The Williams card is a Gold edition, numbered 14/50. The Tilton is Platinum, numbered 3/10. Not bad!


No comments:

Post a Comment