Thursday, June 27, 2013

Tearing open 18 Jumbo packs of 2012 Topps baseball

I typically buy all of my boxes from dacardworld.com. It just happens that they always have great deals on lots of retail packs. I usually snag one lot of rack packs since I'm already paying out the ass for shipping. This time around, I got myself a sealed box of 18 Jumbo retail packs from Topps 2012 Series 2. $34 bucks, can't beat it.



With 36 cards per pack and 18 packs per box, I ended up with 648 cards (Yes I used a calculator). So, if any of you are looking to fill sets from this series, shoot me an e-mail and I'll let you know what else I have. I know I'm late to the Topps 2012 party, but if you're still looking, chances are I may have what you need.



Now, on to the highlights of the packs. My favorites:



Here are the 9 gold parallels that I pulled, and boy are these cards gorgeous. The names I pulled are fantastic too. As a Pirates fan, I was happy to pull Brandon Inge, who hit his first jack as Pirate the other night. Freddy Sanchez is a one of few Pirates middle infielders who has actually been good in the past decade, so he's also a welcomed face. It's the first Clayton Kershaw Parallel I've pulled out of any Topps pack, and I love the way Edwin Encarnacion has been swinging the bat lately. 

I didn't snap a picture of the "Cut Above" dicut inserts that I pulled, but here's a list:

Robinson Cano, Mickey Mantle, Troy Tulowitzki, Roy Halladay, Cal Ripken Jr, Dustin Pedroia, Sandy Koufax, Hank Aaron, Ken Griffey Jr.

These packs (and I believe the series as a whole) was very short on rookies. The only ones worth mentioning are Jed Lowrie, Wade Miley, and Yoenis Cespedes (2x).

I was excited to pull a memorbilia card, which I wasn't necessarily expecting:



According to baseballcardpedia.com, the ratio on pulling one of these insert memorabilia cards is 1:103 so it looks like I beat the odds. Very nice card.





No comments:

Post a Comment