Monday, September 23, 2013

PC Additions and a Big THANK YOU

I've I recently pledged to actively collect some cool (and affordable) Pirates cards, and I've been able to keep it rolling the last few weeks. There's no doubt that I've been neglecting my blog, but thankfully I've been able to keep up with my reading.

Before I get to the cards, I'd like to extend a huge THANK YOU to those in the cardboard community who I've had the pleasure of interacting with. You guys are incredibly entertaining authors, and to those who I've had the pleasure of trading with: Thank you for your generosity. I'm quite new to the blogging world, and I must say I've really enjoyed it thus far. This wouldn't be possible if it wasn't for you guys. While I'm at it, a huge thanks to those who have begun following my blog.

I've also signed up for my first two group breaks, courtesy of Ryan at "O" No!!! Another Orioles Blog and Doug at Sportscards From The Dollar Store. Needless to say I am STOKED for both.

Anywho, I got a few new Pirates cards that I would love to show off!

Andrew Lambo 
2006 Bowman Chrome
Auto X-Fractor 064/250

 I really like this card, which I was able to snag off eBay for $8 shipped. 1B/RF Andrew Lambo was acquired from LA in 2010 along with James McDonald in exchange for Octavio Dotel. After tearing it up all year in Triple A, the Great Lambino finally got the the call up this August. I was able to catch a Lambo home run ball a few days later, which was awesome. 

Okay, it was a batting practice home run... and I didn't catch it, I picked it up. But awesome nonetheless, right?!

 Since the acquisition of RF Marlon Byrd and 1B Justin Morneau, Lambo has lost any chance of seeing playing time this year- which I'm totally fine with. He has the potential to be a big part of the Pirates future when those guys are gone.

Jose Tabata 
2012 Topps Golden Moments Auto

 Despite the Pirates recent misery, this man has impressed. Jose Tabata was acquired from the Yankees in the summer of '08. The Pirates sent the Yanks Xavier Nady and Damaso Marte in exchange for Tabata, Ross Ohlendorf, Jeff Karstens, and Daniel McCutchen.

He's currently hitting a solid .280, often hitting leadoff in place of the injured Starling Marte. His recent hot streak inspired me to grab his auto, which I find pretty nifty. $4 shipped, can't complain.


My entire Pirates PC has it's own page, which can be found HERE. Thanks so much for reading!

-Nate


No comments:

Post a Comment