Friday, January 3, 2014

Collectors, I Need Your Advice!

Set builders, hear my cry! This is new territory for me.

Last week I made my announcement about my newest and most ambitious goal. I'm attempting to complete a set of 2013 Topps Chome Blue Sapphire Parallels. I've been buying trading for them and scouring eBay daily for these cards. I'm enjoying the hunt, although it's proving to be an investment. One that I'd like to protect as best as I can.

Which brings me to my question: How should I store my completed set?

I fear that the biggest challenge here will be the infamous chrome bend. It seems that most Chrome products warp over time. I'm wondering if placing each card in a toploader would be helpful. Is there anything I should avoid?

The bottom line here is that I've never had to store a completed set that I care so much for. Any advice at all is welcome! A big thanks in advance.



2 comments:

  1. Yeah, if each-card-in-a-toploader isn't too extravagant for you, that'd probably do the trick. ..though I'm no authority on Chrome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An easier (and cheaper) way is to store them in a box like you do any other cards. The key, though, is to ensure that you have them standing vertically in the box and to maintain pressure on both ends. For my set, I have them lined up with one end against the end of the box (obviously) and the other end is held up by an old blaster box, which is pushed tightly against the cards with paper towels. It isn't pretty, but it keeps the cards straight.

    ReplyDelete